A Japanese gangster frog is getting cozy in the Christmas ornament. The frog has a full body Japanese wave pattern tattoo.
In Japan, tattoos, especially full body tattoos, have negative connotations and people associate them with criminality and gangsters even to this day. The stigma came from when tattoos were outlawed during Meiji period (legalized again in 1948). Tattoo was used to be practiced by woodblock artists using the same wood carving tools! How cool but sounds so painful!
Despite the crazy tattoo history, this frog is all happy in his terrarium, eating berries, and getting ready for Christmas.
8x10 and 5x7 prints
- Printed on 61lb, acid-free, archival grade matte photo-paper
- The paper can achieve higher resolution with crisper lines and more vibrant colors than greeting cards
- White border (1/4") around the picture to fit better in most generic frames
- 8x10 print is individually chop sealed (equivalent of signature)
- 5x7 print is individually signed
- No wording (ie. Merry Christmas etc.)
- Actual print does not have water marks
- Printed in vertical orientation
- Printed on 100lb acid-free smooth cardstock
- No border around the picture
- Blank inside
- Wording outside
- Comes with an envelope
All rights reserved. Please do not reproduce in any way, and enjoy the prints!